Bandai clothing items are in Japan sizing, which typically runs a full size smaller than the equivalent US size. As a result, if you are a US men’s M, you will likely need to order a Bandai L.
- Bandai Small/Women’s One Size = US Men’s XS, Women’s M
- Bandai Medium = US Men’s S, Women’s L
- Bandai Large/Men’s One Size = US Men’s M
- Bandai LL or XL (not available for all jackets) n= US Men’s L
A term you might encounter on Bandai Fashion is “actor size”. This is the size garment the actor in the show wears (typically a medium). Jackets are sized to fit the actors, and as a result fit varies widely between different jackets and seasons. People often find that they are generally a certain size, but on some jackets they wear a size up or down.
The safest approach is to translate the size chart (if available) on the items’ listing at Bandai Fashion. Here are some tips for reading a size chart:
- All measures are in centimeters
- These are the measurements of the garment, not the person wearing it. To fit it, you will need to be smaller than the measurements.
- The most important measurement is bust, which you should be 2-5 cm smaller than for proper fit. If the bust is 110cm/43.3 inches, your measurement must be 42 inches or smaller to fit.
A typical size chart looks like this:
The top line reads:
Ladies’ one size: Length 70 cm | Body Width 44 cm | Hem Width 49 cm
You must double the body width and hem width to get the circumference. In order to fit this jacket in the smallest size, you must have a chest/bust measure of 44*2-2 = 86 cm or 33 inches or less. If you have questions about sizing, please contact us.
|サイズ||Size||Bandai sizing (S, M, L, etc.)|
|レディース||Women’s (Size)||Women’s one size/Men’s S|
|着丈 (CB)||Length||The length of the garment|
|肩巾||Shoulder Width||From shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back|
|バスト||Chest/Bust||Circumference around the largest portion of the chest|
|身巾||Body Width||Double this to get the Chest/Bust measure above|
|胴廻||Waist||Narrowest point/natural waist above the belly button|
|裾回り||Hem||Circumference around the bottom hem of the garment|
|裾巾||Hem Width||Double this to get the Hem measure above|
|袖丈||Sleeve Length||From shoulder seam to the wrist|
Bandai Rings come in the following Japanese sizes. A ring size converter is available here: International Ring Sizing Chart. We highly recommend going to a jeweler and having your finger sized (usually they will do this for free) or purchasing a ring sizer off Amazon.
The “standard size” Bandai hat is 58cm. In US sizes this is a 7 1/4 or a small L. Hats sometimes come in other sizes as described by the product page. A hat size chart comparison is available here: Hat Sizing Chart.